of the VIII Open Festival-Competition
of Snow and Ice Sculptures “Magic Ice of Siberia” - 2020
I. General provisions
1. This Provision regulates the holding of the VIII Open Festival-Competition of snow and ice sculptures "Magic Ice of Siberia" (hereinafter referred to as the Festival-competition).
2. The Festival-competition will be held in Krasnoyarsk from January 13 to January 19, 2020.
II. Purpose and tasks of the Festival-competition
3. The purpose of the Festival-competition is to familiarize the residents of the city of Kras-novarsk with the achievements of modern culture and create a brand of the city of Krasnoyarsk as a city of unique art technologies.
4. The tasks of the Festival-competition are:
- to create the conditions for the development of the Krasnoyarsk school of snow and ice art;
- to create the conditions for high-quality content-rich leisure of Krasnoyarsk residents and city guests in the winter season;
- to create the conditions for the development of ecological event tourism in Krasnoyarsk;
- to create the conditions for the development of folk art crafts in Krasnoyarsk.
III. Founders, organizers and partners
5. The Festival-competition is founded by the Krasnoyarsk City Administration, represented by the Main Department of Culture (hereinafter referred to as the Founder)
6. The organizer of the Festival-competition is the Municipal Autonomous Institution “Center for the Implementation of Social Projects”, the co-organizer of the Festival-competition is the Municipal Autonomous Institution “Right-Bank City Palace of Culture”.
7. The partner of the Festival-competition is the Krasnoyarsk City Public Fund “DIXIE”.
8. Participants of the Festival-competition are the teams, which are made from professional painters, sculptors and architects (including the teams from foreign countries), amateur painters and sculptors, students and teachers of art schools, colleges and schools.
V. Festival-competition procedure
9. The Festival-competition takes place in two categories: "Snow" and "Ice". Each team in the “Snow” category should include 3 people older than 18 years, each team in the “Ice” category should include 2 people older than 18 years.
10. Venue of the Festival-competition: Krasnoyarsk city, Yenisei river embankment (pedestrian area from Veinbauma St. to Diktatury Proletariata St.).
11. Program of the Festival-competition:
- Day 1 – participants’ arrival and registration; opening ceremony of the Festival-competition;
- Days 2-5 – working on sculptures;
- Day 6 – public voting; city tour of Krasnoyarsk; judging; closing ceremony of the Festival-competition (winners announcement and awards ceremony)
- Day 7 – participants’ departure.
VI. Participation terms
The teams need to send their application form ( Magic Ice of Siberia Festival 2020_application form.doc
) and a short résumé containing information about the team (application form is attached), as well as a sketch of the proposed sculpture no later than November 22, 2019 to the following email addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. The participants provide the sketch of only one sculpture.
1) the title of the sketch;
2) correspondence of the name to the sculpture sketch;
3) the format of the sketch is JPG, A4 size, with a clear outline, not darkened;
14. The jury of the Festival-competition considers the applications and, by November 26, chooses the teams which will take part in the Festival-competition. The protocol of the Festival-competition jury’s decision is placed on the web-sites of the Krasnoyarsk City Administration by November 29, 2019. After the approval of the sketches by the Municipal Autonomous Institution “Right-Bank City Palace of Culture” an official invitation, that includes the terms of the Festival-competition, is sent to each team by November 29, 2019.
15. Technical conditions
1) Each team participating in the Festival-competition in the "Snow" category is provided with 1 snow block 3m*3m*3m size. Participants that are allowed to use only snow and water. It is forbidden to use colors and other materials. Teams are allowed to use both manual and mechanical tools during the process of creating the sculptures.
2) Each team participating in the Festival-competition in the "Ice" category is provided with 12 ice blocks of 1m*0,5m*0,3m size. Participants are allowed to use only ice, water and materials which are obtained in the process of ice handling. It is forbidden to use artificial supports, decorative ornaments and colored painting of the ice. Teams are allowed to use both manual and mechanical tools during the process of creating the ice sculptures.
3) Each team should bring their own tools.
4) Finished sculpture should match the sketch.
5) At the end of work each team should prepare the stage which contains their ice or snow sculpture for the final presentation and judging.
16. The awards for the winners of the Festival-competition (in each category) are covered by the prize fund of the Festival-competition on the basis of the decision of the Festival-competition jury.
The winners are awarded a cup and medals of the Festival-competition, as well as a cash reward:
- 1st place - 90 000 rubles;
- 2nd place - 60 000 rubles;
- 3rd place - 30 000 rubles.
Participating teams are also awarded special incentive prizes, audience award, prizes from sponsors and the Founder of the Festival-competition.
All teams participating in the competition are additionally awarded monetary compensation (bonus) in the amount of:
- 30,000 rubles in the "Snow" category;
- 15,000 rubles in the "Ice" category.
17. Each participant of the Festival-competition must have medical insurance and is personally responsible for complying with the rules of safety and labor protection.
18. The organizers of the Festival-competition are not responsible for the equipment and personal belongings of the participants used during the Festival-competition.
19. Participants of the Festival-competition are personally responsible for the infringement of the copyrights of third parties.
20. The founders and organizers of the Festival-competition have the right to use ice and snow compositions created during the Festival-competition within the limits established by the civil legislation of the Russian Federation.
21. The jury of the Festival-Competition is composed of professional artists and sculptors from Russia and abroad, representatives of the Krasnoyarsk regional organization of the All-Russian creative public organization “Union of Artists of Russia”.
22. The sculptures are evaluated and given points by each member of the jury in accordance with the evaluation criteria by 12:00 January 18, 2020. The total score is the sum of the points awarded by all the members of the jury.
23. Evaluation criteria:
2) Expressiveness of the composition
3) Subordination of small parts to the great shape
4) Expressiveness in texture
5) Maximum usage of the material
Maximum score for each criterion is 20 points.
24. The jury has the right not to award all places.
25. The costs related to the organization and holding of the Festival-competition, are covered in accordance with the approved cost estimate within the Krasnoyarsk city budget for 2019–2020, as well as by the attracted sponsorship funds.
for participation in the VIII Open Festival-Competition
of Snow and Ice Sculptures "Magic Ice of Siberia",
January 13 – January 19, 2020, Russia, Krasnoyarsk
The teams need to send their application and a separate sketch of the future sculpture (JPG format, A4 size, with a clear outline, not darkened) not later than November 22, 2019 to the e-mails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, fill in the application form in block letters. Please, send to us, additional to this form, a résumé, containing your achievements (in a free format).
After your application and sketches are considered, in case of a positive decision, we’ll send to you an official invitation.
Address (full postal address) ___________________________________________
Phone (with a country code) ___________________________________________
Category (“Ice” or “Snow”) _____________________________________________
Name of sculpture____________________________________________________
(Please, specify this name on your sketch as well)
Team members (3 people for the “Snow” category, 2 people for the “Ice” category):
1. Team leader__________________________________________________
Phone (fax) ____________________________________________________
2. Team member_______________________________________________
Sex ___________________ Age___________________________________
3. Team member_______________________________________________
Sex ___________________ Age___________________________________