The first applied research conference "Contemporary Siberian Art" will take place on December 8 in Krasnoyarsk. The organisers are the Ploschad Mira Museum Centre and the Siberian Institute for the Development of Creative Industries. The conference is dedicated to the International Day of the Artist, established by the International Organization "Art of the Peoples of the World".
The purpose of the conference is to discuss and identify current trends in the presentation of contemporary art in Siberian museums, galleries, creative spaces and other cultural centers; present the results of the latest research on the phenomena and works of Siberian contemporary art and contemporary art in Siberian collections; identify promising areas for educational and educational work in the field of contemporary art in Siberia.
The conference's programme:
Contemporary art in the structure of creative industries
- relevant approaches to the presentation of works of contemporary art in cultural institutions and creative spaces;
- issues and current challenges in the activities of cultural institutions and creative spaces engaged in work in the field of contemporary art in the Siberian region;
- practices of integration of creative industries and contemporary art.
History and phenomena of Siberian contemporary art
- research in the development of contemporary art in the Siberian region;
- research work with collections of contemporary art in the Siberian region;
- research on the works of contemporary Siberian artists;
- archives of contemporary art in the Siberian region: issues and development prospects.